Monday, July 25, 2011

Comically Me

Stephen Smith is a graduate students pursuing his Masters of Education. He contacted me recently about answering some questions for him for a research project he is conducting on graphic novel use in the Ontario social studies / history curriculum. He intends to present his findings in "a hybrid of academic text and graphic storytelling" (to use his words). As part of the project, he tweaked photos of his interview subjects and added a quote or two in speech bubbles using Be Funky. This is what he made after my interview:


I like it! I also like learning new things from new contacts (just like at Library Camp OTF in early July) like this Be Funky site Stephen mentioned. As I've said before, the learning doesn't have to stop just because it's the summer. It's just a different environment for learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment