Tuesday, August 31, 2010

April 20, 2009 - Twi-Con, Here I Come!

I received some good news this week - I will be on a panel on "Twilight and teaching" at Twi-Con in Dallas TX this summer.
Yes, that Twilight.
For those who know me personally, they can attest to my devotion to the series by Stephenie Meyer. I'll spare you the ooh-ing and ahh-ing for now (because I'm late AGAIN in my weekly blog note) but I'm very excited about hearing some of the academic papers given on the subject of Twilight, meeting some of my online friends (fellow adult fans of the series) and enjoying the perks a fan convention / mega conference can offer.
In honour of my upcoming stint with the panel, here is a media/music lesson based on Twilight that I used with my intermediate vocal music class. (I am a teacher-librarian, but like many other TLs, I have to occasionally teach other subjects - but that's another rant for another night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment