Tuesday, August 31, 2010

March 15, 2010 - Thanks Tippett Centre and Self-Imposed Olympic Ban

It's March Break for me but not for the fantastic crew in my school board that processes our books and does all the Library Technical Services jobs. I'll be visiting them later this week to give a box of books for them to work with. To them, I say, thank you times a thousand! By taking these books to process, you're cleaning my library AND the back of my car!
I realized, in between play dates and scheduled appointments, that I never explained why I couldn't watch the Olympics while it was in Vancouver. It's because of Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. If you haven't read these books, run out immediately and get them! They may be YA but they had me riveted, so much so that I could not watch anything from the Olympics without being reminded of key scenes from the books. I can't share what those scenes were without ruining the book. If Suzanne comes across this, I hope you realize what a profound impact your books have had on readers around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment