Monday, April 2, 2012

Do it anyway

Sometimes, I prevent myself from making posts because of the potential it has to offend. I am keenly aware that things you say online can come back to "bite you in the butt", especially if your comment appear critical of a particular group or policy or practice. I have this printed and posted at home and at school, to remind me why I bother and why I need to persevere.

(written by Bishop Muzorewa in Zimbabwe, Africa)

If you do good, people will accuse you of ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered.
Love them anyway.

The biggest people with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest people with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.

People really need help but may turn against you if you help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you may get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment